|Position: Head Boys Basketball Coach, Frank Ward Strong Middle School
Position Available : SY 2019-2020
Last Date to Apply : Open until filled
Reports to : Athletic Director/Building Principal
Primary Function: To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill and an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship.
Job Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To:
1. Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent individual and team achievement in the sport involved.
2. Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
3. Works closely with the athletic director in scheduling interscholastic contests.
4. Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms, as appropriate.
5. Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
6. Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
7. Seeks to improve the overall quality of the program of the sport involved.
8. Supports and promotes the District’s Core Ethical Values with students, colleagues and parents.
Application Procedure : Please submit the following documents:
1. District application found on district website: www.rsd13ct.org
2. Resume and two letters of recommendation
3. First Aid/CPR Certificate
4. Proof of Completion of Module 15
5. Valid CT Coaching Certificate
Please Send Information Directly To: Regional School District 13
Attn: Todd Petronio, Athletic Director
135 Pickett Lane
Durham, CT 06422