CAS Leadership Academy - 2023-24
The CAS Leadership Academy is designed to build capacity of teacher leaders in order to advance the improvement efforts of the district. The Academy is appropriate for individuals or small teams. Ideal candidates are team-oriented; embrace opportunities for new learning and new responsibilities; and aspire to affect change within a classroom, school or district.
CAS has conducted in-district leadership academies in Bloomfield, Meriden, Middletown, Waterford and East Hartford Public Schools with outstanding results in all districts.
Participants will engage in a variety of activities during four full-day and one half-day sessions to be held at the Connecticut Association of Schools office at 30 Realty Drive, Cheshire, CT.
Participating districts must require their attending teacher leader(s) to engage in a district-based leadership project. CAS will provide the guidance needed to help you structure this experience. The five sessions are scheduled as follows:
• Thursday, September 29, 2023 / 9 AM–3 PM
• Thursday, November 9, 2023 / 9 AM–3 PM
• Thursday, January 11, 2024 / 9 AM–3 PM
• Tuesday, March 5, 2024 / 9 AM–3 PM
• Tuesday, April 30, 2024 / 9 AM–1 PM
- Date: 5 Sessions in 2023-2024
- Time: See above
- Site: CAS, 30 Realty Drive, Cheshire, CT 06410
- Registration Deadline: Sept. 20, 2023
- Cost: $850 per person for 5-session series ($775/pp for groups of 5 or more from the same district)