Making a Difference Through Coaching
Presenter: Tim Barber, University of Hartford Magnet SchoolDuring this three-hour workshop, participants will have the opportunity to learn how to structure a week-long coaching cycle. Attendees will hear about this process through the unique perspectives of the administrator, classroom teacher, and literacy coach. The University of Hartford Magnet School is in its fifth year of successfully implementing coaching rounds as the primary model for providing professional development in the area of literacy. The participants of the workshop will begin by reflecting on the effectiveness of their existing practices for providing professional development. They will then learn about the preparation, challenges and impact of coaching rounds. In addition, attendees will examine the lasting impact coaching cycles have on professional growth and dialogue. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions throughout the workshop.Intended Audience: K-12 AdministratorsCheck-in 8:00-8:30 am, Workshop 8:30-11:30 am. This event is sponsored by Pullman & Comley, LLC and Jostens Renaissance Education.
- Date: February 5, 2020
- Time: 8:00 -11:30 am
- Site: Connecticut Association of Schools, 30 Realty Drive, Cheshire, CT 06410 - Lower Level
- Registration Deadline: February 1, 2020
- Cost: No Charge for CAS Member School/$50 per person for Non-CAS member
- Registration Instructions/Information:
1. Under "Affiliation": Select School/District accordingly. (Select District ONLY if participant works in central office.)2. Enter School/District address, phone numbers, and email address, NOT your home information.