Difficult Conversations: Keys to Effective Change
Presenter: Jeff House, ConsultantIn this session, participants will practice the “Crucial Accountability Conversations” that school leaders must lean into when members of their staff or the school community violate norms or fail to meet expectations. Often as leaders we want to insist on high standards of performance but hesitate to do so for fear of damaging relationships with the folks we manage. You will get to practice aspects of the Crucial Accountability approach in isolation and then apply the skills holistically by role-playing a conversation based on a real accountability issue with someone at your school. Our objective is for you to leave this session with increased skills and confidence for leaning into this particular kind of difficult conversation, and also with a blueprint for how to train other leaders in your school or district to lean into accountability conversations effectively.Intended Audience: K-12 AdministratorsCheck-in 8:00-8:30 am, Workshop 8:30-11:30 am. This event is sponsored by Pullman & Comley, LLC and Jostens Renaissance Education.
- Date: January 22, 2020
- Time: 8:00 -11:30 am
- Site: Connecticut Association of Schools, 30 Realty Drive, Cheshire, CT 06410 - Lower Level
- Registration Deadline: January 17, 2020
- Cost: No Charge for CAS Member School/$50 per person for Non-CAS member
- Registration Instructions/Information:
1. Under "Affiliation": Select School/District accordingly. (Select District ONLY if participant works in central office.)2. Enter School/District address, phone numbers, and email address, NOT your home information.