The success of KiDSMARATHON is built upon the simple concept of getting kids active and inspired at a young age. The beauty of the program, notes former CAS Director of Student Activities Dave Maloney, is that “it can be implemented in virtually any setting: rural, suburban or urban. Furthermore, it supports the ongoing physical and health education curricular efforts seamlessly.”
**CAS-CIAC is excited to announce that we will now be opening registration to our MIDDLE SCHOOL students in the Cheshire location! Our hopes are to keep the middle school students moving as well, get the middle school students to set attainable goals for themselves, gain more community involvement and use the middle school students as motivation and inspiration for the elementary students.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FINAL MILE CELEBRATIONS IN STORRS, AND TRUMBULL ARE ONLY OPEN TO SCHOOLS IN THOSE DISTRICTS. (Schools are welcome to call CAS-CIAC if interested in hosting a final mile celebration).
- Date: Please Note: *** Accepting registrations for Cheshire Site ONLY and Individual Schools hosting their own KM****. Please contact each site directly...
Cheshire Saturday, May 30, Danbury TBA, East Lyme May TBA, E.O. Smith-Storrs May 29th, Trumbull TBA, Waterbury May 28, Torrington TBA, .
- Time: Cheshire 10 AM, Danbury TBA, East Lyme TBA, E. O. Smith 6 PM, Trumbull TBA, Waterbury TBA, Torrington TBA
- Site: Cheshire High School, 525 S Main St, Cheshire, CT 06410
- Registration Deadline: May 18, 2020 ***FIRST COME FIRST SERVED TO ENSURE MEDAL
- Cost: $8 per student includes medal and handouts. ONE CHECK PER SCHOOL PAYABLE TO: CONNECTICUT ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS..PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS: Collect registration fees from all participants. Remit purchase order or one school/district check, payable to CAS, by May 8, 2020. Please include a copy of your registration confirmation with check. NO REFUNDS after May 15th