New Leaders Academy - Workshop #4 - "Building a Trauma-informed Restorative Culture in the School Setting"
In this workshop, Joe Brummer, Consultant, LLP, will introduce participants to a hybrid approach to implementing restorative practices, mindfulness, nonviolent communication, collaborative & proactive solutions, and circle process. Participants will be introduced to the 5 Skills of Restorative Practice and the Expanded Continuum of Restorative Practices in Schools. Participants will also learn how and why this work is always done through a trauma-informed Lens. - Registration for the New Leaders Academy is open to elementary or secondary educational leaders in new positions. For questions regarding the workshop, please contact Ev Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 250-1111.
- Date: February 14, 2018
- Time: 8:00 am - Noon
- Site: Connecticut Association of Schools, 30 Realty Drive, Cheshire, CT 06410 - Conference Room C2, Lower Level
- Registration Deadline: February 11, 2018
- Cost: No Charge
- Please select your elementary, middle or high school from the pulldown.
- DO NOT select your district (unless you are in central office).
- DO NOT enter home addresses, phone numbers or email address; school information ONLY.
- SCSU Interns will be registered by the SCSU EDL Intern Coordinator.
There are no fees charged to participants from CAS member schools for Academy programs.
***A series fee of $100 will be assessed for educational leaders from non-member schools. Payment, payable to CAS, must be received in advance.
REMINDER: Please register separately for each session you desire.