New Leaders Academy - Workshop #5 - "Leadership and Special Needs Students"
Stephen Proffitt, Education Consultant, SERC will lead this workshop. School leaders are an integral part of the 504 and Planning and Placement Team to support students with identified disabilities. During this professional learning session, participants will closely examine the document, “Parent and Educator Resource Guide to Section 504 in Public Elementary and Secondary Schools” (December 2016) and engage in dialogue about the meaning of disability under Section 504 and procedural/compliance requirements. Additionally, participants will also review “Best Practices” strategies for facilitating effective Planning and Placement Team meetings under IDEA to ensure that compliance requirements of the process are met. - Registration for the New Leaders Academy is open to elementary or secondary educational leaders in new positions. For questions regarding the workshop, please contact Ev Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 250-1111.
- Date: March 8, 2018
- Time: 8:00 am - Noon
- Site: Connecticut Association of Schools, 30 Realty Drive, Cheshire, CT 06410 - Conference Room C2, Lower Level
- Registration Deadline: March 6, 2018
- Cost: No Charge
- Please select your elementary, middle or high school from the pulldown.
- DO NOT select your district (unless you are in central office).
- DO NOT enter home addresses, phone numbers or email address; school information ONLY.
- SCSU Interns will be registered by the SCSU EDL Intern Coordinator.
There are no fees charged to participants from CAS member schools for Academy programs.
***A series fee of $100 will be assessed for educational leaders from non-member schools. Payment, payable to CAS, must be received in advance.
REMINDER: Please register separately for each session you desire.