SAT English/Language Arts and Social Studies Workshop
This full day workshop is designed for both ELA and social studies teachers and curriculum leads with responsibilities in these content areas. In this workshop, we will examine closely the Reading and Writing and Language sections of the Suite of assessments (PSAT and SAT) to look at various reading prompts, item types, overall test construct, and sub score development with the goal of using the assessments to inform instruction. We will also examine resources and other tools that will be helpful for instructors using the Suite of assessments in the classroom and share best practices in a collaborative context. For social studies teachers we will examine the cross-test social studies math items; for ELA teachers we will examine the SAT optional essay and scoring rubric.Lunch will be provided.Target Audience: ELA and social studies teachers and ELA and social studies curriculum leadersSchools/districts will be limited to 5 participants per workshop.***Provide school/district address and email ONLY. Do NOT enter home address, cell number or personal email address.***
- Date: November 6, 2019
- Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm [Check-in 8:30 - 9:00 am]
- Site: Connecticut Association of Schools, 30 Realty Drive, Cheshire, CT 06410 - Lower Level
- Registration Deadline: November 1, 2019 or When Registration is Full
- Cost: $75 per person from member school OR $100 per person from non-member school - Purchase Order/Payment is due in advance.
- Registration Instructions/Information:
- Select your school/district under "Affiliation".- Provide school/district address and email ONLY.***Do NOT enter home address, cell number or personal email address.***Purchase Order/Payment is due in advance and payable to CAS.*** School/District check ONLY. NO personal checks. ***Mail Purchase Order/Payment to:
Connecticut Association of Schools
Attn: Noreen Liberopoulos
30 Realty Drive
Cheshire, CT 06410Refunds will NOT be available for non-attendance or cancellation made one week in advance of workshop.